Tuesday, July 26, 2016

"The Approach"

(Mulholland Books, August 9)
Those of you who've followed my career from the very beginning know that I built my reputation (inasmuch as I have one) writing short stories. Nearly thirty of them, by last count. In fact, my best-known creation, Michael Hendricks, had his roots in a short story called "The Hitter," which appeared in Needle Magazine many moons ago, and was reprinted in THE BEST AMERICAN MYSTERY STORIES 2011.

I confess, I haven't written as many short stories as I'd like of late. That's mostly because writing RED RIGHT HAND took up a lot of bandwidth, so I can't complain. Still, it makes this announcement all the more sweet.

My first short story in eighteen months, "The Approach," drops August 9th as a Mulholland digital release. Not only that, it's a Hendricks short. Not only that, it'll be available for download for the low, low price of $0.99!

Wanna learn more (or, you know, preorder)? Mulholland's got the details here. (The eagle-eyed among you might notice the return of an old friend in the description.)