Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Big Top

I thought I'd take a quick break from all the decking and nogging to report that, much to my delight, THE BIG REAP has landed on a couple more year's best lists.

First up is Rob W. Hart's extended list of 2013 faves. Rob's the associate publisher at Mysterious Press, class director at LitReactor, and all around debonair man-about-town. His list is an extension of the top five he posted at LitReactor, and it's a damn fine one. I'm honored to be included among friends and literary heroes both.

Next up is Every Read Thing's Top Five of 2013. It includes books read in 2013, even if they weren't released this year, which puts me in the rather astonishing position of appearing between F. Scott Fitzgerald and Darwyn Cooke's adaptation of Richard Stark's SLAYGROUND. I'll admit, I'm stunned, confused, and all kinds of humbled to be in such hallowed company.

Many thanks to Rob and Brandon. I owe you gents a beer.