Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Killer Nashville

Thursday, August 22 to Sunday, August 25, anybody who feels like stalking me and maybe hanging out a bit will find me at Killer Nashville. If you see me there, feel free to say hey whenever, and be sure to swing by my panels, too! The details of each are below. Bear in mind, times are subject to change slightly, so be sure to check the official schedule when you arrive.

My first panel is 10AM Friday, and centers on writing short fiction. Attendees will get loads of practical advice from the likes of Phil Bowie, Suzanne Berube Rorhus, Kaye George, Robert Mangeot, and myself. Between us, we've been published darn near everyplace that accepts short fiction, so we must be doing something right.

My second panel at 3PM Friday is focused on bringing settings to life. In addition to me, it features Philip Cioffari, Debra Gaskill, Sara J. Henry, and Molly MacRae. Our settings are as far flung as the Bronx and the Blue Ridge mountains, so I think it'll be a lively discussion.

And my third (!) panel, which is scheduled for 8:30AM Sunday, is on cross-genre fiction. I'll be joined by Karen McCullough, Kourtney Heintz, and Alex Hughes. It'll be fun to geek out with folks who, like me, play in more than one sandbox. So if boundry-smashing is your cuppa, drag your butt outta bed, mainline some espresso, and be there.

Oh, and while you're at it, be sure to seek out Hilary Davidson's panel Friday at 1PM about writing on the dark side, and Linda Rodriguez's panel on fiction from the fringes, Sunday at 11:20AM. They're both terrific writers, and the discussions are bound to be fantastic.