Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Lucky '13

So. 2013. Pretty crazy, that. Some folks might not be too wild about a whole year of 13, but me? I don't mind a bit. Hell, my first fiction acceptance was on a Friday the 13th, so maybe 13's lucky for me. Guess we'll find out.

So far so good, says I, because I woke today to a fresh round of year-end book-love.

First, Jenn of Jenn's Bookshelves selected DEAD HARVEST as one of her Rather Lengthy List of Books I Adored This Year. I'm one of four in her horror subsection, alongside Robert Pobi's BLOODMAN, a book that's high on my to-be-read list after having the pleasure of hanging out with Robert in Quebec. I'm honored to share some virtual shelf-space with him here.

Second, OzNoir named THE WRONG GOODBYE one of his Best Reads of 2012, a mere fifteen of the staggering 181 books he read this year! I'm sharing list-space with such staggering talent as Megan Abbott, Donald Ray Pollock, George Pelecanos, James Cain, and Johnny Shaw, so you can be damn sure I'm happy to be on that list.

And last, but certainly not least, The Fiction Stroker called DEAD HARVEST his favorite book of the year in his look back at all things entertainment for 2012.

Thanks, all, for the kind words. It's mighty gratifying to have folks connect with the Collector series. Writing it's a labor of love, to be sure, but without an audience who really gets 'em, what would be the point?

Now, onward and upward. THE BIG REAP still needs finishing, and after that... who knows where the year will take us? Here's hoping it unleashes a baker's dozen of awesome for you and yours.