Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Criminal Minds and QuebeCrime

The topic this week at Criminal Minds is, "How do you know your series has jumped the shark?" In my post, I get all glib and attempt to do just that. Just as well; the first in my series features the threat of Apocalypse, a helicopter hijacking, a magical ceramic cat, and more explosion-y goodness than you could shake a stick of dynamite at. I'm fairly certain all I do is jump the shark. (Editor's note: Please do not shake dynamite.)

I confess, when it comes to my Criminal Minds post, my head wasn't entirely in the game. See, tomorrow, I leave for QuebeCrime: three days (Oct. 25-27) of hanging out in a beautiful city with some of the coolest writers in the crime community - not to mention play amateur CSI with some enthusiastic fans! (No, really: the schedule of events is awesome.) I'll be reading and signing Friday evening, and talking reading and writing on a panel that features John Connolly, Chelsea Cain, and Owen Laukkanen on Saturday morning. Mark Billingham, Linwood Barclay, John McFetridge, and Laura Lippman will also be in attendance, so, you know, beat that! If you're in the area, I'd love to see you there.