Friday, June 29, 2012

"What's Your Deal?" Contest Winners!

Today's the day. 'Tis time to announce the winners of my "What's your deal?" contest, in which folks tell me what they'd bargain away their mortal soul for, and get entered for a chance to win one of three DEAD HARVEST prize packs! Details and the full list of entrants here.

Here's how the drawing worked, for those who care about such things. Each comment got a number. Numbers went into a hat. My lovely assistant, Katrina Niidas Holm, plucked three numbers from said hat all random-like and also didn't punch me for calling her my lovely assistant (yet), for which I'm grateful. And, without further ado, the winners are...

Becky LeJeune, who said: "Ooh, fortune for sure. Or better yet, a superpower that I can turn on and off at will, like invisibility or esp. Something I could put to use to make my own fortune thereby allowing me to do whatever I want whenever I want without worrying about bills :)"

Cindy Kershner, who wanted "the ability to go back in time (my lifetime in particular) and relive the good stuff. Most people would want to change the bad stuff (me too) but who wouldn't want to relive something?"

And Nick Korpon, who had this to say: "Without a doubt, I'd trade it for unlimited Fractured Prune doughnuts (made-to-order doughnuts in Ocean City, MD.) Ask Kieran about them. I think it'd be more than a fair trade." (Kieran, for the record, is genre-flouting mad genius Kieran Shea, who, if his prose is any indication, knows a thing or two 'bout deals with devils.

Congrats to our winners, and thanks so much to all who participated! Winners, drop me a line at chris[at]chrisfholm[dot]com with your mailing address, and I'll get your prize packs on their way.