Wednesday, November 10, 2010

John Kenyon reviews 8 POUNDS!

In case you've been living under a rock in a cave on the dark side of the moon (or, you know, not religiously reading this obscure writer's blog), I recently released a Kindle short story collection called 8 POUNDS: EIGHT TALES OF CRIME, HORROR, & SUSPENSE. Said collection is available for the preposterously low price of $0.99, and the best part is, you don't even need a Kindle to get it, 'cause Amazon's got a free Kindle app for damn near every device under the sun. (I would have said every device under the sun, but a certain Mr. Lindenmuth might take umbrage on his phone's behalf.)

Buzz-wise, I've been incredibly fortunate, with 8 POUNDS garnering some truly glowing reviews (find blurbs and links to those reviews here, and holy hell am I grateful to those who wrote them). The latest review is from author John Kenyon, whose works have appeared in Thuglit, Demolition, Beat to a Pulp, and Crime Factory. John, who by dint of his reviewerly (it's a word: write it down) kindness is one of my new favorite people, had this to say:
I know he priced this at 99 cents to get the word out, but reading this provided more entertainment than the last movie I saw, and you can’t see one of those without a transaction involving large bills taking place. But no matter how and where he ends up publishing his next work, I’ll be paying attention.
Want to read the rest? You'll find it here. Thanks again, John, for making my day.