Sunday, March 28, 2010

Q&A

Those of y'all who don't get your fill of my incoherent ramblings 'round here are in luck: David Cranmer, crack editor of the stellar Beat to a Pulp, just posted the newest installment of his interview series "7 Questions", this one featuring yours truly. (What's up with "yours truly", anyway? Would any old adverb do? 'Cause if it would, I'm totally gonna sign stuff "yours awesomely" or whatever from now on. Yours digressively, Chris.)

Where was I? Oh, right -- the interview. Big thanks to David, both for his quality questions and for thinking anybody might give a damn what I have to say. If you do happen to give a damn what I have to say, pop over to his blog and check it out.

Oh, and a funny aside about the pictures. When David asked me to include a pic, he suggested maybe including one with Katrina, since (as you'll see in my first answer) she featured heavily in my decision to become a writer. I happily obliged, because a) she works almost as hard on making my fiction worth reading as I do, and b) she's really quite a lot prettier than I am. Only here's the thing. For the longest time on Twitter, I had a pic up of me sneaking up zombie-like from behind Katrina and scaring the hell out of her, and after a while, it kinda creeped me out. Turns out, though, it was wildly popular, and I'm not gonna lie, there were some grumbles when I swapped it out for a photo of just me. Now, with this second request, I'm beginning to notice a pattern. It's enough to give a guy a complex. Or maybe I oughta learn my lesson. Chris is a gender-neutral name; maybe I should sub out Kat's pic for my own on my blog, my website, and my hypothetical future dust-jackets. Could be it gives this career o' mine a boost...