Saturday, January 30, 2010

Back at it...

After a month or so spent writing shorts, I've spent the past week getting back to work on the New Book. Said New Book comes in at a little over 52,000 words right now, and after a refamiliarizing read-through/polish of each and every one of those words, I'm pretty sure it's the best thing I've ever written. It's the second in a series that begins with Dead Harvest, a series that recasts the struggle between heaven and hell as a Golden Era crime pulp. There aren't words to express how much fun I'm having playing in this particular sandbox. I sincerely hope I get to do so for years to come.

Oh yeah, and the New Book has a name: The Wrong Goodbye. Not too terribly long from now, it'll have an ending as well. Fingers crossed y'all get to read it someday.