Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bag'd and Tagged

Alright, the Bag Man (whose movie choices were so damn good I nearly cribbed 'em as my own) tagged me with this whole four-thing meme that's been infecting writers' blogs of late, and I thought I'd give it a go. So without further ado, let the bloggy narcissism commence!

4 movies you would watch over and over again:
The Player
The Empire Strikes Back
John Carpenter's The Thing
Heathers

4 places you have lived:
A weird-ass hippie co-op in Clinton, NY (don't ask)
A punk-rock hell hotel (okay, crappy not-quite-student apartment, but whatever) in Charlottesville, VA
A boarding house in the lower village of Kennebunk, ME
A funky little out-of-square bungalow in Portland, ME

NOW WITH BONUS! 4 places you have lived (fiction edition):
Poisonville
Arrakis
Castle Rock
The Well of Lost Plots

4 TV shows you love to watch:
Twin Peaks
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Firefly
How I Met Your Mother

4 places you have been on vacation:
St. Thomas
Key West
Salem, Mass (again, don't ask)
Disney World (that's right -- Disney World. I went for the first time ever a few years back, and I freakin' loved it. You know they let you walk around with booze there?)

4 of your favorite foods:
Barbecue (as in Southern, smoked, and preferably served with corn bread and collard greens)
Sushi
Biscuits and sausage gravy
Bacon (on, in, or beside pretty much anything)

4 web sites you visit daily:
Crimespot
The A.V. Club
BoingBoing
Arcaedia

4 places you would rather be right now:
At my desk, writing.
On my front porch, reading (or playing guitar).
Touring the distilleries of Scotland.
Plotting world domination from the safety of my own private moon base.

4 things you'd like to do before you die:
See a novel through to publication.
Make a living as a writer.
Travel to Japan.
Run the table in a game of nine-ball.

4 books you wish you could read again for the first time:
The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

Tag 4 people you think will respond:
People I think will respond? That's a tall order. Here's four people whose answers I'd be curious to read:
Gabriel Beyers
Sandra Ruttan
Stuart Neville
David Dvorkin