Monday, March 24, 2008

All About Meme

The lovely and talented Christa Miller, whose idea of mommy-lit involves post-apocalyptic wastelands chock-a-block with the cannibal undead, has tagged me with a meme in which I'm supposed to list my favorite blog posts relating to family, friends, and whatnot. The problem is, I'm wildly narcissistic (or, if you're feeling charitable, that this blog centers around my writing life, so posts about other stuff are kinda hard to come by), so finding meme-appropriate content proved a touch tricky. With that in mind, I present to you Chris' Favorite Posts About Chris, Who is Awesome, and Also Occasionally Involving Other Crap like Friends and Family and Whatnot, Even Though Chris is Pretty Sure People Would Rather Read About Him, Since From Where He's Sitting, He's Pretty Much the Star of the Show:

1. Chris' Favorite Post About Chris (Family Edition): Holiday Loot

2. Chris' Favorite Post About Chris (Friends Edition): Looks Like the Sap is Running Early This Year

3. Chris' Favorite Post About Chris (Extra-Special Chris Edition): On Writing (and little green men)

4. Chris' Favorite Post About Chris (Something You Love Besides Yourself Edition): Books I Never Seem to Shut Up About

5. Chris' Favorite Post About Chris (Zombie Edition): And now for something completely different.

So there you have it. My five favorite posts about me and stuff. Kind of like getting smacked in the face with a pipe made of awesome, isn't it?

Now, the tagging. Thing is, most of my friends live in my head, and the rest of them all seem to be taking a break from blogging, on account of they'd like to all finish the books they're working on. So, Dear Reader, I leave it to you: your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to compile your five favorite blog posts about me. Or, failing that, about family, friends, yourself, something you love, and zombies. Pirates will also be accepted in a pinch.

POSTSCRIPT:
If I can be serious for just a moment (and there's considerable evidence to the contrary), I tend not to wax all sappy here, since it doesn't make for the funnest-ever reading, but the success I've had thus far would not be possible without the support and encouragement of friends and family. At the top of the list is my best friend and first line of defense against looking like an idiot - my lovely wife Katrina. Props as well to Anna, and Mom, and a whole host of lovely people whose links can be found on the sidebar. But most of all, I'd like to thank me. You know, for all the awesome. (See, I knew I couldn't keep the serious going. Eh, it was worth a shot.)