Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Seven" Shortlisted!

I just received word that Seven Days of Rain has been shortlisted for a Spinetingler Award in the category of Best Short Story on the Web, and I seriously couldn't be more excited. I'm nominated in the same damn category as Charles Freakin' Ardai (that's what it says on his birth-certificate, I swear!), so I fully expect to get my ass handed to me, but as they always say, it's a thrill just to be nominated.

Funny – I always suspected people were totally full of shit when they said that. Turns out, not so much! Thanks to all who nominated me. Looks like I owe some folks a beer.

So what now, you ask? Well, I'll tell you (or, rather, I'll let the ever-charming Sandra Ruttan tell you; italics mine):

Voting is open. ONE E-MAIL PER PERSON ONLY. You cannot send another vote in, even for a different category – multiple votes from the same sender will not be counted. Take the time to consider your votes carefully. E-mails must be received by December 30, 2007 - authors, if you're putting this in your newsletter make sure you are clear about the deadline for voting. Many recommendations were not considered in the first round because they were sent late.You may vote for one winner in each category as long as all votes are submitted in one e-mail. Simply state the category and your chosen winner for each of the eight categories. Any votes that contain more than one selection per category may be removed from consideration completely. No ties.Send your e-mail to sandra.ruttan@spinetinglermag.com with AWARD NOMINATIONS in the subject line. It is not necessary to explain the reason for your vote.Popular vote will be counterbalanced against editorial opinion at this stage, except for the short story category. In order to ensure fairness the short story category will be determined strictly by popular vote. While I also appreciate the people who nominated me for special services, I removed myself from consideration for that category as well as from the New Voice category. Winners will be announced in early 2008.

For additional information, as well as the complete list of nominees, check out Sandra's post on the Crime Zine Report. Oh, and if you dig the story, drop her an e-mail, and maybe send a vote my way!