Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Sitch

Okay, I know it's been a while since my last post, but since then, things have been a little nuts. A note to everybody currently navigating the badlands of Query: don't expect that afterward you'll have time to catch your breath. After all, that's when the fun really begins. (So very not complaining, by the way. I'll take busy over waiting for the phone to ring any day of the week.)

So, with so much up in the air, I bring you my life in bullets:
  • The Angels' Share is now a shiny, happy, finished manuscript ready to strike out into the world. For now, that's all I'll say about that, except to say I'm crazy excited. Like, chair-dancing as we speak. You should see my wife looking at me.
  • I also have a snazzy new website. Well, new at least, and snazzy for me. It's exciting, really, having my own little corner in this-here series of tubes. So go and poke around. If y'all find any typos, feel free to mock me about the head and neck.
  • After a couple of weeks where quality writing time was in short supply, the new WIP is once again coming along nicely (never as quickly as I'd like, but nicely nonetheless). And no, I won't tell you what it's called. Or what it's about. Or why I insist on teasing you folks when you honestly couldn't care less.
  • On the short story front, the release-date of The Toll Collectors is still very much up in the air. If you've been to 1018 Press' site, you know as much as I do. But before you round up the torches and the pitchforks, remember that small presses are very much a labor of love, and the good folks who run them have to balance them against their own writing, their day jobs, and, you know, their lives. So Mom, stop penning those death-threats; it'll come out when it comes out.
  • The new issue of Demolition (featuring Seven Days of Rain) should be live in not too long. I'll be sure to plaster this site with links once it's up. It's free, and no subscription is required, so you guys will have no damn excuses but to check it out.
  • Also in short story news, I've begun work on another short called The New Girl. I'm trying to cram it in around work on the new book, but I hope to get it out the door in not too long.
So that's what's going on. I know what you're thinking. Was that five bullets, or was it six? So tell me, do you feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?