Friday, August 10, 2007

Happydancetastic?

I'll tell you, I've been fortunate of late. Looking back over my recent posts, I've copped to being happy, pleased, and/or delighted more than a few times, not to mention once vowing (threatening?) to kiss the entire EQMM editorial staff. Today, though, happy just ain't going to cut it. Today I'd need to coin another word to describe how freaking ecstatic I am (see title above).

I'm elated (thrilled, overjoyed, etc.) to announce that, as of 11:30 this morning, I am officially represented by Jennifer Jackson of the Donald Maass Literary Agency. As well as being an absolute delight thus far to talk to, Jennifer represents a slew of talented authors in a wide range of genres, including Jim Butcher, author of the bestselling Dresden Files series, as well as award-winners Elizabeth Bear and Jay Lake, and Derringer nominee C.M. Chan. And on top of it all, she somehow finds the time to run a widely read blog that is without a doubt one of the most valuable sources of insight and information available to any aspiring author.

More important, though, than the fact that she's immensely qualified, is the fact that I couldn't imagine a better person to represent The Angels' Share (or, for that matter, the next book, or the one after that). Finding an agent isn't easy; finding the right agent is almost too much to hope for. Or, rather, it was.

So tonight we drink in celebration, but not too much. After all, tomorrow morning I've got to get to work that Next Book ain't gonna write itself...