Monday, February 05, 2007

Shoe Money Tonight!

This evening, I came home from work to find my completed EQMM contract in the mail, along with a big, fat check. Okay, the check was normal-sized, and I'm not exactly about to backstroke Scrooge-McDuck-style through my giant vault o' riches, but I just got paid for a bunch of stuff I made up. Like actual money and everything. Pretty cool, that.

It's easy to get lost in the minutiae of queries and partials and nudges and whatnot, and lose track of what this writing deal's supposed to be about. Tonight, however, I drink not out of frustration; tonight I drink in celebration. (One glass, Ma, I swear. Okay, maybe two.)

Oh, and lest you think I have a shoe fetish, the title is cribbed from Sports Night. As far as you know.

Now, about that drink...