Saturday, October 14, 2006

"Holy @&$#!" Or, "An Announcement."

Yesterday, I received word that my short story The World Behind has been accepted for publication by Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine. If you're not familiar with Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, then you likely live under a rock, but for the unitiated, EQMM is without qualification the most prestigous, venerable, and oft-honored magazine in the history of crime fiction. Since their founding in 1941, they've featured work from the world's greatest writers, including Rudyard Kipling, Ernest Hemingway, William Faulkner, Isaac Asimov, Norman Mailer, Alice Walker, and Stephen King, just to name a few. And, in May of 2007, they'll feature me.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and work on my happy dance, whilst simultaneously trying not to throw up.

Now there's a line I bet Faulkner never uttered...

UPDATE: The World Behind is now set to appear in the June 2007 issue of EQMM.