Friday, September 15, 2006

Beyond Here be Dragons!

As you may or may not have noticed, I've added a few links of late. Some, like David Dvorkin or Crissa-Jean Chappell, are Friends-of-the-Blog (or, at the very least, friendly acquaintances.) Many, however, were added because they are relevant to the business-side of writing – specifically, to finding an agent.

These past two weeks, I've been working on a query letter and synopsis for The Angels' Share, and beginning the daunting process of researching literary agents. For many (myself included), this is uncharted territory, which is why I wanted to call your attention to this post by Donna Andrews on the Femmes Fatales blog. Anybody interested in landing themselves an agent would do well to check it out. It's already been a great help to me, both in reinforcing what I've already done, and in suggesting avenues previously unknown to me.

Anyway, back to that query letter...