Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The More I Ignore You, the Closer I Get

So. This ending thing. Turns out it's taking longer than expected. Every time I sit down at the computer, I think to myself only twenty pages to go. Then I crank out a bunch of pages, only to say the same thing the very next day.

So, with apologies to Morrissey for mangling his title, and to my throng of devoted, um, reader (hi honey), I've decided to take a little time off from the blogging.

That's not to say I'm walking away – I just think that this site is here to support my writing, and not the other way around. So, barring The Toll Collectors being accepted for publication any time in the very near future, the next post you'll read will be me (quite possibly drunkenly) declaring that I've finished my first draft. Keep checking back; if all goes well, it won't be more than a couple of weeks. Wish me luck.

Until then, I'm goin' dark.